Sunday, November 7, 2010

How Great Thou Art

In church this morning, we were blessed to get to watch an elderly couple get baptized.  They were probably around 80 years old.  When the pastor who was baptizing them asked the wife if she believed that Jesus Christ died for her sins and if she accepted him as Lord of her life, she replied, "Oh yes!"  We could all learn something from her enthusiastic reply.  We should all be so enthusiastic and joyous!  I could not hold back a few tears watching them get baptized.  It was beautiful.

The sermon today was about embracing worship- singing and celebrating what God has done in our lives.  One of the songs the worship team performed was, "How Great Thou Art."  It was soulful, heartfelt, and beautiful....can this song be sung any other way?

I just want to know--- can you listen to/sing along with this song without crying?

I cannot.



P.S. - I love Carrie Underwood. :)

Happy Sunday.  Hope you all have a very blessed week.  There is always a reason to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment